Batter Up! A Game of Steps
You’re invited to become a member of our new walking game BatterUp! A Game of Steps. All you need is a good pair of walking shoes and some friends, family, and/or co-workers to join your team! Simply walk each day for a "Base Hit" and score "Runs" during the week for your team! Track your steps manually or sync your FitBit or Google Fit Account and compete against other teams for a "Division Pennant".
1) Register to play by selecting any public or private league (private leagues require an access code), adding your email address, password, name, date of birth, and then clicking “Sign Up”.
2) Sync your wearable through My Profile page and select either FitBit or Google Fit. (Steps may be manually entered with restrictions)
3) Create or join a team through My Team and participate in the weekly baseball games with a minimum of 5 team members!
About the Baseball Game
- Every day is an "Inning".
- Every week Monday through Sunday is a "Game".
- Every twelve weeks is a "Season".
- Players walk and log 5,000 or more steps every day to earn a "Base Hit" (steps must be entered manually or synced daily by 12:00am ET). If a player walks and logs 4,999 or less steps they receive an "Out". Earn four base hits during any four days of the week and score "1 Run" for your team.
- Players who are logging steps manually are limited to a maximum of 5,000 “official” daily steps for purposes of the game; however, for purposes of individual activity tracking, any number of steps may be entered manually.
- Players who are synced with a FitBit or Google Fit account may have a higher “official” daily steps count. Synced players who reach 10,000 or more steps on any given day have an opportunity to hit a “Home Run” (10% chance*), or a “Triple” (25% chance*), or a “Double” (50% chance*). If none of the three additional base hits are achieved then the player receives the normal “Base Hit”.
- Players who reach 10,000 or more official steps on any given day also have an opportunity (10% chance) to get a random player “Out” on the opposing team who reached 5,000 or more steps, with a limitation of three Outs per team max, per inning. Outs are processed starting with the player who walked the most steps down through all players who reached 10,000 steps on both teams. The player on each team with the highest daily steps count is considered “Safe” from receiving an Out for that inning.
- Earn extra runs for your team by consistently walking 5,000+ steps daily for five days (earn an extra 1 run), six days (earn an extra 2 runs), or all seven days (earn an extra 4 runs) for a "Grand Slam".
- Any player may create or join a different team at any time. Players who create their own team are “Team Managers” and may approve or remove other players at any time. Additional team management features such as player position, benching, and message boards will be added over time.
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 players with a maximum of 20 players (5-10 players in the "Lineup" and up to 10 players on the "Bench"). Teams with only 5-10 players will always have those players in the Lineup; however, teams with 11 or more players will have random players automatically benched each game. All players, both in the Lineup and Bench, contribute steps towards the team’s “Total Steps”, which counts as a tie-breaker when teams tie in runs.
- Two teams are randomly selected each Monday from the same league to compete in a 7-day game ending each Sunday at 12:00am US Eastern Time. The team with the most runs at the end of the game wins. If there’s a tie for runs, then the team with the least “Errors”, and then the most “Steps” wins the game.
- Leagues allow for private and public “groups” of an unlimited number of players and teams. Teams only play against other teams from the same league. There is one “open public league” per each of four divisions, North, East, South, and West, allowing for general participation by any player and team.
- When a new league is created the league manager must decide which division they would like to participate in.
U.S. school districts may participate in their own private league for free. Simply contact us for more details.
- When a League Owner creates a league or a Team Manager creates a team they must select a Division for their league or team. Each 12-week Season will have a Divisional “Playoff” with the top 8 teams (per division) competing for the Divisional “Penent” as the main prize awarded to each team member of the overall winning team.
1) New teams that are created or reach a minimum of five players after a game has already begun (Mondays at 3:00am ET) must wait for the following Monday to join the baseball game.
2) Only players in the LineUp may earn hits and runs. Players on the Bench contribute steps ONLY to the team’s weekly Total Steps.
3) Players that join a team already participating in a game are not added to the roster till the following Monday.
4) Players who do not track any steps (0) on a particular day are automatically “Benched” the following day, so log your steps every day before 12:00am ET or sync your wearable! We’re using the benching process to move players up and down between the lineup and bench to try and get active players into the lineup. Every Monday players are randomly placed in the lineup or bench when a new game begins.
Let's Play Ball!
Please support BatterUp! by displaying our Poster
Click on the image below to download our poster and share it with staff, family, and friends in your area. The more teams the better and we welcome those outside of the US also!