Batter Up! A Game of Steps
You’re invited to become a member, participate for free, and offer feedback on this new walking game! All you need is a good pair of walking shoes and some friends, family, or co-workers to join you.
The first official BETA Summer Season started Monday, July 9, 2018, and “Division Playoffs” will begin on Monday, September 10, for three weeks. Create a team and participate at any time! Prizes will be offered to winning teams and players at the end of each season.
1) Register to play by selecting the open Group my95210 to create your free account.
2) Login with your email and password on the blue bar of the website.
3) Sync your wearable through My Account, FitBit Sync, (currently FitBit and Google Fit).
4) Create or join a team through My Account, My Team, and participate in the baseball game with a minimum of 5 team members!
About the Baseball Game
- Every day is an "Inning".
- Every week Monday through Sunday is a "Game".
- Every twelve weeks is a "Season" (9 weeks for the regular season and 3 weeks for the division playoffs).
Simply walk each day and earn "Hits" and "Runs" for your baseball team! Track your steps manually or sync your FitBit, Jawbone, or Google Fit and compete against other teams for your "Division Pennant".
Walk 5,000 or more steps every day and earn a "Base Hit" (steps must be entered or synced daily by 12:00am ET) or walk less and get an "Out"! Three Outs (any three days during the week with 0 - 4,999 steps) and you're “Benched”. Earn four base hits by walking 5,000+ steps daily during any four days of the week and you score "1 Run" for your team.
Earn extra runs for your team by consistently walking 5,000+ steps daily for five days (extra 1 run), six days (extra 2 runs), or seven days (extra 3 runs) for a weekly total of four runs for a "Grand Slam".
Teams are displayed on the leaderboard sorted by most runs and then by most steps. To display on the leaderboard, teams must have a minimum of 5 players with a maximum of 20 players (5-9 players in the "Lineup" and up to 11 players on the "Bench"), all contributing steps towards the team's "Total Steps".
1) New teams that are created or reach a minimum of five players after a game has already begun (Mondays at 3:00am ET) must wait for the following Monday to join the baseball game.
2) Only players in the LineUp may earn hits and runs. Players on the Bench contribute steps ONLY to the team’s weekly Total Steps.
3) Players that join a team already participating in a game are not added to the roster till the following Monday.
4) Players who do not track any steps (0) on a particular day are automatically “Benched” the following day, so log your steps every day before 12:00am ET or sync your wearable! We’re using the benching process to move players up and down between the lineup and bench to try and get active players into the lineup. Every Monday players are randomly placed in the lineup or bench when a new game begins.
Let's Play Ball!
Please support BatterUp! by displaying our Poster
Click on the image below to download our poster and share it with staff, family, and friends in your area. The more teams the better and we welcome those outside of the US also!